Thursday, May 25, 2006

ALTs go to the movies...

Yeah, so after a trip to the gym and some Pizza Hut indulgence, eight of us met up at the Tsubame Warner MyCal theatre to see The Da Vinci Code last night. I enjoyed the book, so I was interested to see the film version. I thought Tautou was excellent (and beautiful), and Ian McKellen was quite entertaining. It was nice to get out and see a movie.

Anyway, we totally made fools of ourselves getting print club pictures beforehand. Here are a few for your viewing pleasure:


Niigata Surprise!
Originally uploaded by kristi-san.


Bubbly Fun
Originally uploaded by kristi-san.


A Motley Crew
Originally uploaded by kristi-san.

Good times. Work and life have been incredibly busy lately. I finally perfected my "asking the way" lesson today - the 3rd year students (9th graders) really loved it. Only thing was, the new version was incredibly high-energy for the team teachers. I totally wanted to pass out after three straight classes. But then I had two more lessons to prep and fax for Monday, a composition workbook to write, and a million other miscellaneous things to deal with... Funny, I feel suddenly comfortable here, with the people and the way of life. And I have less than two months left.

Anyway, I think I'm going to have some tea and try to do something productive. I hope I get some down time tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday will be spent touring Nikko with the ALT crew, so small girls must get their rest.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi again, Kristi! For some reason, I can't seem to e-mail you. I keep getting an error message. Can you try my email? It's jczalesk@ncsu.edu.

It's good to see that you're having fun even when you're really busy :)