Monday, October 03, 2005

Subarashii...

I had my most fun day of teaching yet today! It was my first official visit to Tagami Junior High, so the day started off with the standard bilingual self-introductions to the staff and to all of the students (via school assembly). But then I had four very awesome lessons with two very awesome teachers and two slightly less awesome ones. Great students, too. I sustained casual non-teaching related conversations with teachers for a total of maybe three hours today! And got presents and sightseeing invites! Too bad I don't go back again for another three weeks. :)

After that, I had an amazing hour-long massage at the house of this very nice blind fellow who lives a couple of miles from my apartment. Oh, it was wonderful. I was quite amused by the fact that just about every muscle he touched prompted the comment, "Hm, this probably hurts, huh?" hehe... My neck, my shoulders, my back, my shins, my feet... all of them a mess. (My shins even prompted a "What the..?) By the time he got to my right foot, we both had to laugh at how my bones were cracking all over the place. I swear, I'm held together largely by stress. And maybe gumption. :) Anyway, I may have to make this a semi-regular occurence. A good use of $30, to my mind...

I better get some rest. I have three early lessons at Wakamiya tomorrow, then it's off to Tokyo and Narita Airport to retrieve my mom and bring her back to Kamo. That means 6+ hours on trains and about $200 in fares, roundtrip. But hey, the last thing I want is for her to get lost and end up on the other side of Honshu. ;)

Take care, all. If you happen to be in Japan, I'm having a Mexican food party this Friday at 7:00 pm. It's also nominally to celebrate my 23rd birthday, which is next Wednesday. If you're reading this, you're invited. Comment and I'll send you details.

No comments: