Friday, January 20, 2006

As if waking from a deep sleep...

It's strange, I feel so much more lucid than I have in months. I feel like I'm really *in* Japan for the first time, now that I don't have to worry about grad school apps and things back at home. In the last two weeks, I've probably had more social activity than I did in the month previous. And I feel like I can put a lot more effort into my teaching than I have been. It feels really nice.

I spent yesterday evening at Rosalind's, eating Thai green curry, drinking wine, and watching Serendipity, the latter of which was kinda ridiculous but fun. What a nice relaxing evening in Kamo, nothing better for a cold winter night. I think I'm going to spend this weekend catching up on my home life, now that I am feeling so much better. May have to do a little shopping as well. Just a little though - gotta save money for all of these trips. :)

I forgot to mention that I saw Memoirs of a Geisha last week with Sarah and Phil. I thought it was all right, though not as good as it could have been. Still, it kept me entertained for three hours, which is about all I was really looking for. ;) I thought this review of it in the Japan Times was pretty interesting: Welcome to Kyoto, California

No comments: