Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Off to a running start...

So, I had my mid-year teaching evaluation today. I was pretty nervous about it, considering that I hadn't been to my base school for almost a month and had no idea what classes I'd be teaching, let alone what kind of lessons. My supervisor from the prefectural board of education in Nagaoka came by, talked to my JTEs for a half hour, watched me teach a 50-minute lesson, and then critiqued the lesson afterward. All in all, it went well - and most importantly, it's over. Thank goodness. *phew*

It's felt really good to start working again and get back into the swing of things. The days have been passing quickly, which is a good sign - it means I'm enjoying myself. The things I'm most excited about right now are some unexpected travel opportunities! If all goes well, I'll be hitting up the Sapporo Snow Festival in February, South Korea and Seattle in March, and China in May! I can hardly wait. :) It's nice to have little landmarks in time to look forward to. It's so crazy that I can do some of these trips over a weekend...

Anyway, I think that's all for now. More adventures to come, I'm sure...

No comments: