Friday, July 14, 2006

Busy week-end...

Man, it's kind of frightening how quickly I can pack for trips now. Seriously. I got back from an enkai with the people from my Board of Education in Nagaoka about an hour ago and will be departing shortly to catch the overnight bus to Nagoya, the fourth-largest city in Japan. I'm hoping for a relaxing, culturally-enlightening weekend - it'll be my first (and likely last) major solo trip in Japan. Can't wait to tell you all about it.

Oh, and I have to tell you about my dinner with the mayor of Kamo last night, don't I? Well, it was delicious and amusing and resulted in a proposal to hire a new ALT for the city of Kamo (since I'm leaving and don't have a replacement). They also asked me to stay for another year to take on the position, which was quite flattering (but generally impossible). But I'm excited for the kids - what a great opportunity for them. They're putting forth a proposal to the Kamo city council, so we'll have to see how it goes. *crossing fingers*


Dinner with the Mayor
Originally uploaded by kristi-san.

I'm really short, aren't I? Even in the land of short people, it seems...

Off to Nagoya!

No comments: