Sunday, July 09, 2006

Let the goodbyes begin...

This weekend was all about goodbyes - to possessions and friends both. Spent a lot of the weekend cleaning my apartment and selling/giving furniture to various people/places around Niigata. I don't have a successor, so this place has to be emptied of all but the bare essentials (i.e. refriegerator, washing machine) by the time I leave. It doesn't sound difficult, but there have been ALTs living in this place for 15 years - so stuff tends to build up. And since I've still got some major travel plans and work obligations left, I figured I should get a timely start...

Last night I went out to Kashiwazaki for a beach barbeque. And yeah, it was kinda like things came full circle. I remember going to another (very rainy) barbeque back in August - and I'd only seen some of these people only once or twice since then. So strange to think. But I can only be happy that we shared each other's company for a little while and hope that we'll meet again in the future - perhaps in some other far-flung corner of the world. :)


The Gang
Originally uploaded by kristi-san.


Kristi, Mara & Siobhan
Originally uploaded by kristi-san.


Sanjo Survivors
Originally uploaded by kristi-san.


Kristi & Aaron
Originally uploaded by kristi-san.

I have another host of goodbyes to say tomorrow at Wakamiya Jr. High - and I'm fairly dreading it, I've got to say. But time marches on - goodbyes now and reunions to come, so all is right with the world.

No comments: